Just when I thought I’m now somewhat proficient with handling refrigerated dough, we decide that we’re going to launch flour. And henceforth begins my crash course in scratch baking.
I knew I had my work cut out for me, so I decided to bring in the big guns. Adriana is one of our resident expert baker extraordinaire, and she happily lent a helping hand and created this amazing coffee cake recipe with our New All-Purpose Flour, along with several other yummy recipes. BUT! I have to say that this is by far my favorite. The super light coat of cream cheese on top is the perfect finish to an already a mouth-watering-ly irresistible recipe, perfect for a weekend brunch!
You Will Need:
- 1 1/4 cups Immaculate Baking Co.™ Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Sifted powdered sugar
Let’s Get Bakin’:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch springform pan; set aside. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, lemon peel, baking soda and salt.
- In medium bowl, beat 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar and the butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add egg and vanilla. Beat on low to medium speed 1 minute. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to egg mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Pour batter into pan.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar on medium to high speed until combined. Add egg white; beat until combined. Sprinkle blueberries over batter in pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over blueberries, allowing some of the berries to show.
- Bake 34 to 37 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove side of pan. Sprinkle coffee cake with powdered sugar. Serve warm. If desired, garnish each serving with additional blueberries.
1 Serving: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 230mg; Potassium 70mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2