I can’t believe that I’ve been blogging about baked goodies for this long, and not once had I posted about Monkey Bread! Okay, in my defense, I don’t own a fluted pan or whatever that thing that you bake the biscuits in is called, AND more importantly, having already gained at least 10 pounds since I’ve started on this desk, any sort of Monkey Bread would just END ME.
Fortunately, Alicia, our Manager of Awesomeness, stepped up and took one, I mean, baked one for the team! The towering ooey gooey yumminess was still warm and fluffy by the time she brought into the office! And of course all my inhibitions about monkey bread went out the window because you NEVER EVER turn down free monkey bread! Okay, so maybe that’s why I gained 10 pounds…
Oh but enough about me and my monkey bread complex. It’s time for you to get your oven on!
You Will Need:
- 2 cans Immaculate Baking Co.™ refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Feel free to add some raisins or walnuts to put a personal touch to your monkey bread!
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large -storage plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.