Alright, let’s be real, who doesn’t like cupcakes? I think I must’ve said this a million times, but there is just something inherently irresistible about miniaturizing and right-sizing desserts into well, a bite!
I have to confess that I have this really weird pet peeve when it comes to bananas: I prefer to enjoy a banana in its natural form. There’s something that just makes me gag a little whenever I think about warm and mushy bananas… BUT! These Smashed Banana Cupcakes have completely converted me! Our wonderful baker extraordinaire, Adriana, would need to get a restraining order to keep my paws off these yumminess!
You Will Need:
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cream Cheese-Yogurt Frosting
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (6 oz) honey Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
Garnish, if desired
- Banana chips, fresh fruit or jumbo candy sprinkles
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat Cupcake ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, then on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter among muffin cups (two-thirds full).
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until top is golden brown or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt and honey with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Refrigerate until frosting cupcakes. Place frosting in decorating bag with a star tip or in resealable food-storage plastic bag with small corner cut off. Pipe frosting evenly on center of each cupcake just before serving. Garnish as desired.
1 Cupcake: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 220mg; Potassium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2