If you’re a September baby like me, you might be feeling one of two things: sheer excitement that it’s your birthday around the corner! Or just absolute dread of seeing the number of candles that will be perched on top of your cake. Well, I’m really hoping that you’re feeling the former, but regardless of which of the two emotions you’re going through right now, the one thing in common between the two is that you’re going to need a birthday cake, and boy, do we have THE cake for you!
And did we mention that it’s gloriously delicious yogurt frosting that we’re using? Yum. Oh and don’t forget that you can always switch in your favorite berries or fruit as topping! After all, it is YOUR birthday cake 🙂
You Will Need:
1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ yellow cake mix
1 cup chunky applesauce
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup whipping cream
2 to 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 container (6 oz) vanilla yogurt
1 cup blueberries
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal pan, 325°F for dark, nonstick or glass pan. Grease and flour 3 (8-inch) round cake pans.
- In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, then on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour evenly into pans.
- Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in yogurt. Refrigerate until ready to spread on cake.
- Place 1 cake layer top side down on plate; spread 2/3 cup frosting over layer. Top with second cake layer; spread with 2/3 cup frosting. Top with third layer; spread remaining frosting on top. Top with blueberries.
1 Serving: Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 290mg; Potassium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2