I’m just realizing that I have not yet blogged about a single brownie recipe that I had made, which is just gross negligence, because the brownies are probably one of my favorite out of all the new goodies we just launched. In my defense, juggling 8 new items is A LOT of baking experimentation for an amateur baker like yours truly, and I have to confess that I was a bit more fascinated by all the sweet and savory possibilities with our pancake & waffle mix…
But will you just look at how fudgy our brownies are? Be warned, the batter could get really, REALLY thick! Truth be told, I had set out wanting to do a cheesecake swirl brownie, but then quickly realized that the batter is so thick that I highly doubt I’d be able to swirl anything… but in the spirit of being spontaneous and agile, I quickly changed my plans and decided to make Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies instead! I’d say the results were pretty great 🙂
You Will Need:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (from 8 oz package)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserve
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Co. ™ all natural brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Heat oven to 350ºF (325ºF for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, beat cheesecake mixture ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box. Spread brownie batter in pan. Pour cheesecake mixture evenly onto brownie batter.
- Bake 40 to 44 minutes or until toothpick inserted in brownie 1 inch from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. For 16 brownies, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.