There was quite a bit of confusion around whether or not today is in fact National Pancakes Day, because apparently IHOP has their version around Feb/March, but all these food websites are saying that today is the day you should stack it tall! Hey, all this is telling us is that people WANT their pancakes, and we’ve got the perfect seasonal pancake recipe for you!
You Will Need:
- 1 2/3 cups Immaculate Baking Co.™ pancake & waffle mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan halves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Vegetable oil
- Additional pecan halves, if desired
- Maple-flavored syrup, if desired
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Heat nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat or to 375°F. In large bowl, stir all ingredients except oil, additional pecan halves and maple syrup. Brush skillet with vegetable oil.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot skillet. Cook about 1 minute or until edges are dry and bubbles break on surface. Turn; cook other side until golden brown. Garnish with additional pecan halves. Serve with syrup.
1 Pancake: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 140mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
- How-To To toast pecans, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until pecans begin to brown, then stirring constantly until light brown.
- Substitution No pumpkin pie spice? Use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon each of ground nutmeg and ground ginger.