The first cue that Fall is officially here is the game day parties you’re finding yourself hosting weekend after weekend. The yelling at the TV and fist-pumping and trash-talking exchanged between friends who are cheering for opposing teams are the trademark raucousness of the season.
And then there’s the food. I’d say that the food and the booze is what game days are really all about, especially if the team you’re cheering for has the unfortunate tendency of losing all the time. You’d know what I’m talking about if you lived in Minnesota. Gotta have really good food and even better drinks if that were the case.
So I’d say our Pistachio Brownie Bites would fall into the category of comfort treats that can offer some much needed solace to someone who has just witnessed their team get annihilated mercilessly. So fellow Minnesotans, you might want these brownie bites at your Game Day Party this Sunday. And if you’re not cheering for the Gold and Purple? Well, it’s always good to have brownies anytime.
You Will Need:
1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ brownie mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 to 4 tablespoons whipping cream
24 pistachio nuts
Grated orange peel
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 9-inch square pan.
- In medium bowl, stir Brownie ingredients until well blended (batter will be thick). Press evenly in pan.
- Bake 31 to 34 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, place powdered sugar; stir in cream 1 teaspoon at a time to make a thick but spreadable glaze. To cut brownies easily, use plastic knife and short sawing motions. Cut into 6 by 3 rows. Place a pistachio nut and 2 pieces of orange peel on center of each brownie.
1 Serving: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 120mg; Potassium 110mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
- Place brownies on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet or waxed paper underneath to decorate with drizzle or coating.
- Instead of pistachios, top brownie bites with toasted coconut or toasted pecan pieces.