I have this fascination with boozy treats.
I think I’ll be doing an entire recipe series on boozy treats, transforming classic cocktail drinks into baked yumminess. I swear I don’t have a drinking problem, but boy, I have to say whoever started this whole boozy treat creation is a visionary! And there’s probably no better time to do something like that than right now, during football season. So I thought I’d start us off with something a little bit milder and definitely a must-have drink during this time of the year – beer.
Now you can have your cake, and your beer, AND eat it! How glorious is that!
You Will Need:
1 box Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Yellow Cake Mix
All the ingredients indicated on the box
1/2 tsp orange or lime zest
1 cup Blue Moon or Corona beer, plus more for brushing on tops
Orange/lime wedges and sanding sugar for garnish
Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting
12 oz cream cheese, cold
6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange/lime juice
1 teaspoon orange/lime zest
4 cups powdered sugar
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together baking mix, ingredients (eggs, butter, milk), and beer
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- When cupcakes are done, poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes with toothpicks and brush some beer on each while still warm.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter in an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the citrus juice and zest and gradually add the powdered sugar until well-combined. Beat until smooth for about 2 minutes.
- Load frosting in a piping bag fit with a large star tip and pipe cupcake tops once cooled.