Yes, we actually do make refrigerated ready-to-bake scones. But I’ll let you in on a little secret: the ones made from scratch are so much more yummier!
Oh alright. You probably already know this. You have been searching for a delicious scone recipe that would be perfect for a beautiful and crisp autumn day. I’m so happy to tell you, you’ve come to the right place!
We get it. Our refrigerated dough doesn’t cut it. So for all you scone-connoisseurs out there, our Orange Cranberry Cream Scones will blow every single one of your super expectations completely out of the water! Think we’re exaggerating? Well, you just gotta bake it up and eat it for yourself!
Quick tip on making light and fluffy and heavenly tender scones: quickly mix and shape the dough, handling it as little as possible. Use only a sprinkle of flour on the work surface. So let’s get started!
You Will Need:
- 2 cups Immaculate Baking Co.™ organic all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
Let’s Get Bakin’
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. In large bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, orange peel and salt until well blended. Stir in dried cranberries and baking chips. Add whipping cream all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On surface lightly sprinkled with flour, knead dough 6 or 7 times until smooth. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into 6-inch round; cut each into 6 wedges. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Lightly sprinkle turbinado sugar evenly over warm scones. Serve warm.