I am true to my words.
I did tell you that I’m ready to go on a boozy streak.
I’m not a beer connoisseur, so it took me a while to decide on the beer to buy. I have been told that it’s always better to go for a darker ale or lager, since you really want the taste of the beer to really come through. I chose the Samuel Adams Octoberfest. I’m sure there are probably even darker ale options, but I was intrigued by their seasonal brew, and I have to say that the end result turned out really well.
Beer breads are surprisingly easy to make! At the core of it, you really only need 5 ingredients: flour, baking power, baking soda, salt, and beer. I wanted to add cheese to amp up the flavor. I have to say that while it didn’t really do much to the flavor, it did add more of texture to the crust, which made it that much yummier, if you ask me.
Beer breads are the perfect sides to a chili or gumbo, which are perfect game day main course options. So now you can drink your beer, and eat it, too 🙂
You Will Need:
- 2 – 1/2 cups Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz beer (choose darker ale or lager)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Here’s How to Get Bakin’:
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Grease and flour 9” loaf pan
- Mix all dry ingredients, stir in beer and cheese until well-blended. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.