This is true. We have a fascination for bacon. And when I say “we”, I really meant I.
I honestly can’t think of another tasty ingredient besides bacon that can be used in both savory and sweet baking. Oh okay, so you’ve named a few others, but you have to agree that bacon is probably the tastiest of them all! So you’ll understand that our (my) fascination with bacon is not without basis. And let’s face it, you’re totally benefiting from our (my) bacon fetish.
We were pleasantly surprised at how popular the Immaculately Yummy Cheeseburger Pie recipe is, and so we thought, huh, there must be something about cheeseburgers that just gets people’s appetites going. Now just imagine what would happen when we add bacon to it! Man, I’m getting hungry just thinking of it! Best part? This is an easy scratch recipe, so yes, while the ingredient list is a bit lengthy, the instructions are as simple as can be. And as always, we promise the end results will be worth the trouble!
You Will Need:
- 2 cups Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Organic All-Purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup shredded Mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 12 ounces thick cut bacon, cooked
Here’s How to Get Bakin’:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine. Add butter, egg and milk. Whisk until combined. Add cheese, beef and bacon. Stir together until combined. Set aside.
- Spray 24 cup mini-muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Mix batter and add 1 heaping tablespoon scoop to each muffin cup. Each cup should be filled just over the top. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve with favorite burger toppings (ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc).