We reposted our Immaculate Apple Pie recipe on Facebook the other day, and I’m guessing our Immaculate Bakers are already so pro that apple pies are just too “meh” for you. So we thought we’d fancy it up just a tad with this Caramel Apple Pecan Pie!
You Will Need:
1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crusts, soften as directed on box
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons Immaculate Baking Co.™ organic all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
6 cups thinly sliced peeled Fireside or Braeburn apples (6 medium)
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
1/2 cup caramel topping
Let’s Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for Two-Crust pie using 9-inch pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and apple pie spice; gently stir in apples. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the whipping cream (reserve remaining 1 tablespoon) and the vanilla. Pour over apple mixture; gently stir until well mixed. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate.
- Top with second crust; seal edges and flute. Cut several slits in top. Brush remaining 1 tablespoon whipping cream over crust. Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brown and juice just begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, stir Topping ingredients. Drizzle over pie.