Okay, I realize that we’re done with Thanksgiving, and therefore done with anything and everything that has do with pumpkins. But what if you have leftover pumpkin puree? What to do then? Well, with a little help from Immaculate Baking all natural chocolate scratch baking mix, you can make a fresh batch of Chocolate Pumpkin Cake Mix Cookies just in time for your holiday cookie exchange!
Okay, disclaimer, I wasn’t exact with my ingredient measurements because I had maybe half a can (from 15 oz can) of pumpkin puree left, and about half a box of cake mix left. I want to say I used roughly about 1 cup of chocolate cake mix (~8 oz), so roughly 1:1 ratio to the pumpkin puree I had left.
I added some ground cinnamon and nutmeg, as well as some chai latte instant mix that I had on hand, just to be fancy. Our cake mix is so chocolatey that it’ll taste perfectly delicious without these added spices, but hey, it never hurts to get a wee bit fancy!
You Will Need:
- Appx. 1 cup Immaculate Baking Co. ™ chocolate cake mix
- Appx. 1/2 can of pumpkin puree (from 15 oz can)
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg if desired
Let’s Get Bakin’!
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin puree until well blended. Add cinnamon, or nutmeg, or even chai latte instant mix to amp up the flavor.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons dollops of batter on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cookies are set.