Somebody arbitrarily deemed cookies to be the designated treats for Christmas. Well, I beg to differ! Because today’s National Brownie Day, and we’re gonna have us some brownies, and not just any brownies, but these uber adorbs Strawberry Santa Hat Brownies!
I’ve a feeling that if you left these out for Santa this year, you might end up with better presents. Just sayin’.
You Will Need:
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ brownie scratch baking mix
- Butter and eggs called for on baking mix box
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey Greek yogurt
- 16 strawberries, stems and tops removed
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square pan with foil, leaving some hanging over edges. Spray or grease bottom. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, butter and eggs until well blended (batter will be thick). Carefully spread batter in pan. Bake 27 to 31 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave dark chocolate chips uncovered on High 30 seconds. Stir in shortening. If necessary, microwave 30 to 60 seconds longer, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Lift foil, and remove brownies from pan. Remove foil. Spread melted chocolate on top of brownies. Let cool at room temperature or in refrigerator until set.
- 3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt until mixed; place in resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off small corner of bag.
- Cut brownies into 4 rows by 4 rows. With cream cheese mixture, pipe thin circle on top of each brownie. Place a strawberry in center of each circle. Pipe a small dollop of cream cheese mixture on top of each strawberry. Serve immediately.