We were thrilled to see how much people liked our Pear Upside-Down Cake, so we decided to one-up our upside-down cake portfolio, and share this delicious cranberry upside-down cake, which would be perfect for a holiday dessert this Christmas!
I do have to completely honest with you: It took a couple tries to actually get the cranberries to stay on the bottom in the pan, so the berries can be on top once it’s turned upside-down. But here’s the good news: Whether the berries stay on top or in the bottom, this yummy treat is still as delicious as ever!
You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, strained
- 4 cups frozen cranberries, thawed (from two 10-oz bags)
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ yellow cake scratch baking mix
- Milk, butter and eggs called for on baking mix box
- Whipped cream, if desired
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease with shortening and flour two 9-inch round pans.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and lemon juice; cook until sugar dissolves. Divide mixture between pans. Divide cranberries between pans.
- Make yellow cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter between pans, spreading evenly.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; run knife around edges of pans. Carefully turn cakes onto 2 serving plates.