If you recall, I was on a crazy boozy treat kick a couple months ago. But if there’s ever a good time to go all out with boozy treats, I’d think Christmas leading up to the New Year would probably be it. I think it’s only right to celebrate the season with some chocolate and some alcohol, so I’m raising both hands to some Bourbon Cupcakes!
You Will Need:
1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ chocolate cake scratch baking mix
1 cup milk
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (8 oz)
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 cups heavy whipping cream
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
3 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
Garnish, if desired
Unsweetened baking cocoa
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 30 regular-size muffin cups. Generously spray with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat Cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full).
- Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for Filling, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave 1/2 cup whipping cream uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling. Stir in remaining Filling ingredients until chocolate is melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 to 30 seconds until mixture can be stirred smooth. Cover; refrigerate about 60 minutes or until spreading consistency.
- For Frosting, in large bowl, beat 2 cups whipping cream to soft peaks. Stir in powdered sugar a tablespoon at a time and 3 tablespoons bourbon. Place in decorating bag fitted with tip.
- With melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake. Fill scooped center with filling, about 1 tablespoon into each cupcake. Replace cupcake top. Pipe about 1 tablespoon frosting on top of each. Just before serving, sprinkle each with about 1/4 teaspoon cocoa.