On a bacon baking spree, we are! Mostly because I wanted bacon and got them weeks ago, but then totally slacked off with my baking, and now, with the best use by date fast approaching, had to pull out all the stops!
I had quite a few ingredients on hand, but in all honesty, the variety was pretty limiting. Pie crust, crescent rolls, flour, pancake mix, which are all options for a base ingredient, but I wouldn’t really be able to use them together for a same dish. And then I had bacon, a couple slabs of chocolate, and peanut butter.
And my baking light bulb lit up: How about a Bacon Chocolate PB Cookie? Because bacon makes everything better.
You Will Need:
- 1 1/4 cups Immaculate Baking™ Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 strips bacon (cooked and chopped up)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (I just used a chocolate bar)
Here’s How to Get Bakin’:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl with a mixer, and then beat in the peanut butter until combined. Next, beat in the granulated and light brown sugar until creamy. Finally, add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate and bacon, reserving a handful of each to top the cookies.
- Form the dough into 12 balls and arrange 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten with your fingers (the cookies will not spread in the oven); press the reserved bacon and chocolate on top.
- Bake until golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Let the cookies cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.