It’s one of those nights. It’s late. And I have bacon on my mind. Well, I have bacon in my fridge, oh yes, and cheese that I just got over the weekend. And beer. So the wheels start turning. What could I possibly make with these three magical ingredients?
Cheesy Bacon Beer Bread, of course!
I have made cheesy beer breads with Immaculate Baking flour in the past, so consider this its tastier long-lost brother. Beer breads are great as a side bread on Soup Night, and with the rate this winter is shaking out to be, I’ve a feeling there may be plenty of Soup Nights up ahead.
You Will Need:
- 3 cups Immaculate Baking ™ Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese of your liking!)
- 12 ounces beer
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (yes, it’s true, I tend to get carried away where it involves bacon)
Here’s How to Get Bakin’:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease bread pan with cooking spray or butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. Make a well in the center; add bacon, about 3/4 of cheese and beer into the well. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into bread pan; add remaining cheese.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until browned on top and loaf thumps when you tap the top.
- Cool for 5 minutes. And then remove from pan.