I have an obsession for lemon yogurt.
So when one of my friends started texting me about her plans to make a lemon yogurt poppy seed pound cake, I decided that I wanted one, too.
I didn’t want to worry about hunting down poppy seeds (which I’m sure isn’t that hard if I made an effort), so instead, I decided to add a pinch of rosemary. I mean the whole point of making this, was to give me a legit excuse to buy my favorite lemon yogurt on the company’s dime 🙂
1 1⁄2 cups Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Organic All-Purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup plain yogurt (We used Noosa Lemon Yogurt just ‘cuz!)
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated (zest of 2 lemons)
1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
Pinch of rosemary
For the glaze
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Here’s How to Get Bakin’:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s all incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. Pour the glaze over the cake and allow it to soak.