February is more than half way done, and yet the temperature shows no sign of “springing” back up (see what we did there?), but have instead taken a nose dive, plunging us back into the arctic cold, at least for those of who have the great pleasure of residing in the Midwest and on the East Coast…
But fear not, because the best way to stay warm in times like these is to turn on your oven! And The Queen is rising to the occasion (and again, see what we did there?) with a few immaculatey easy scratch baking recipes that will make everyone’s tummies warm and happy!
Now you can never go wrong with Chocolate Banana Muffins, especially with Easter right around the corner, these yummy treats are a sure way to impress and delight!
You Will Need:
- 1-2/3 cups Immaculate Baking Co.™ Organic All Purpose Flour
- 2 medium bananas (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips (bittersweet or semisweet)
Let’s Get Bakin’!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F . In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana until only small lumps remain. Add the vanilla and the egg and whisk the mixture together until completely combined. Add the oil and milk and stir to combine. Add the sugars and stir again.
- Stir in the salt and baking soda, then gently fold in the flour, until just combined.
- Divide the batter among 12 paper-lined muffin cups, about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Bake for 15-17 minutes,or until the muffin tops look set. Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes.