I’ve always been curious about however whenever did it come to be that ham is the protein of choice at Easter. But if we’re going to have brunch AND we’re going to serve, I figured we should do it in a fun, easy and yummy way! And so I give you Loaded Potato Quiche! Just layering on all your favorite ingredients like ham, hashbrown, cheddar cheese and bacon. Oh my word, what is there not to love!!!
I’m not sure how it all started, but apparently people think Easter, and they automatically think brunch, too. Now when I think about Easter brunch house parties, I instantly think egg bakes! And we’ve got a immaculately simple egg bake recipe filled with yummy goodness to share!
It’s one of those nights. It’s late. And I have bacon on my mind. Well, I have bacon in my fridge, oh yes, and cheese that I just got over the weekend. And beer. So the wheels start turning. What could I possibly make with these three magical ingredients?
Cheesy Bacon Beer Bread, of course!
I have made cheesy beer breads with Immaculate Baking flour in the past, so consider this its tastier long-lost brother. Beer breads are great as a side bread on Soup Night, and with the rate this winter is shaking out to be, I’ve a feeling there may be plenty of Soup Nights up ahead.
This is true. We have a fascination for bacon. And when I say “we”, I really meant I.
I honestly can’t think of another tasty ingredient besides bacon that can be used in both savory and sweet baking. Oh okay, so you’ve named a few others, but you have to agree that bacon is probably the tastiest of them all! So you’ll understand that our (my) fascination with bacon is not without basis. And let’s face it, you’re totally benefiting from our (my) bacon fetish.
We were pleasantly surprised at how popular the Immaculately Yummy Cheeseburger Pie recipe is, and so we thought, huh, there must be something about cheeseburgers that just gets people’s appetites going. Now just imagine what would happen when we add bacon to it! Man, I’m getting hungry just thinking of it! Best part? This is an easy scratch recipe, so yes, while the ingredient list is a bit lengthy, the instructions are as simple as can be. And as always, we promise the end results will be worth the trouble!
You Will Need:
- 2 cups Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Organic All-Purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup shredded Mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 12 ounces thick cut bacon, cooked
Here’s How to Get Bakin’:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine. Add butter, egg and milk. Whisk until combined. Add cheese, beef and bacon. Stir together until combined. Set aside.
- Spray 24 cup mini-muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Mix batter and add 1 heaping tablespoon scoop to each muffin cup. Each cup should be filled just over the top. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve with favorite burger toppings (ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc).
Okay, so you probably would be eating this BBQ Chicken Bake with a fork, but if you were going at it with just your hands, then heck yeah, it would totally be finger lickin’ and lip smackin’ good!
We’re just getting started with football season, with plenty more game day viewing parties ahead, we figured you could use a few more savory ideas for your menu! What’s not to like about cheesy BBQ chicken over top a sweetly flaky crust? I’m getting hungry just thinking about this… *swallow*
You Will Need:
2/3 cup Immaculate Baking Co.™ organic pancake & waffle mix
2 tablespoons water
1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
¾ cup barbecue sauce
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch pie pan or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together pancake & waffle mix, water and egg. Spread in bottom and 1/2 inch up side of pan; sprinkle with 1 1/4 cups of the cheese.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil, stirring occasionally, until white on outside; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat just until hot. Spoon over batter in pan to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until edge is dark golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake 1 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese melts; loosen from side of pan.
Yes, it’s so much easier to cook mac & cheese out of a box, and I know, there are nights that call for that. But there’s just something about cooking dinner from scratch. So if you’re ever in the mood to get a little bit fancy with dinner, might we suggest starting with one of the all-time American fav’s – Tex Mex Mac & Cheese!
This recipe might seem a little bit daunting at first what with the super long list of ingredients, but I promise you the end result will prove well worth your time! It’s a yummy from-scratch meal where you can sneak in plenty of veggies for your kiddos! Besides, the beauty of this recipe is that you can easily freeze it and bake it up again for later!
You Will Need:
8 ounces (about 2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni or the pasta of your choice
1/4 cup (1 ounce) Immaculate Baking Co™. Organic All-Purpose Flour
2 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup Vermont cheese powder or grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup diced onion (1/2 medium onion)
1/4 cup seeded, sliced jalapeño peppers (about 2 medium)
1/2 cup fresh or frozen/thawed corn
1/2 cup seeded, diced tomato (1 medium tomato)
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups coarse, dry bread crumbs (e.g., Panko)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Here’s How to Get Cookin’:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease four 1 1/2-cup (12-ounce) porcelain baking dishes, or a 2-quart casserole dish.
- To make the macaroni: Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a large saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together flour, milk, and cheese powder. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese and seasonings, stirring until the cheese is completely melted.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter and sauté the onions and peppers until they start to soften. Stir in the corn and tomato.
- Stir the pasta and vegetable mixture into the cheese sauce. Spoon into the baking dishes.
- To make the topping: Melt the butter, then stir in the bread crumbs and cayenne.
- Sprinkle a thick layer of topping over the pasta and cheese.
- Bake the macaroni for 25 to 35 minutes, until bubbly and browned. Remove from the oven, and serve hot.
You might mistaken this for our Cheesy Rosemary Biscuits, but this one’s got BACON!!
I’m not going to say which one’s better, but this one’s got BACON!
I’ll just let you be the judge of which one you like better once you bake them up, but this one’s got BACON!
I think you get the idea.
You Will Need:
- 2 cups Immaculate Baking Co.™ Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1/2 cup any shredded cheese of your choice (2 oz) – we once again used cheddar!
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 6-8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Heat oven to 450°F. In medium bowl, stir all ingredients together until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by spoonfuls.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.