This is true. We have a fascination for bacon. And when I say “we”, I really meant I.
I honestly can’t think of another tasty ingredient besides bacon that can be used in both savory and sweet baking. Oh okay, so you’ve named a few others, but you have to agree that bacon is probably the tastiest of them all! So you’ll understand that our (my) fascination with bacon is not without basis. And let’s face it, you’re totally benefiting from our (my) bacon fetish.
We were pleasantly surprised at how popular the Immaculately Yummy Cheeseburger Pie recipe is, and so we thought, huh, there must be something about cheeseburgers that just gets people’s appetites going. Now just imagine what would happen when we add bacon to it! Man, I’m getting hungry just thinking of it! Best part? This is an easy scratch recipe, so yes, while the ingredient list is a bit lengthy, the instructions are as simple as can be. And as always, we promise the end results will be worth the trouble!
You Will Need:
- 2 cups Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Organic All-Purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup shredded Mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 12 ounces thick cut bacon, cooked
Here’s How to Get Bakin’:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine. Add butter, egg and milk. Whisk until combined. Add cheese, beef and bacon. Stir together until combined. Set aside.
- Spray 24 cup mini-muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Mix batter and add 1 heaping tablespoon scoop to each muffin cup. Each cup should be filled just over the top. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve with favorite burger toppings (ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc).
The Immaculate Baking team had a major bake day last Friday! We do this occasionally to well, help me out, so then we’re baking up enough fun recipes for me to share with you and you and you! But then of course it’s always just fun to hang out and make yummy food together as a team!
One of my favorite recipes that we made last week was this Immaculately Yummy Cheeseburger Pie. It’s as easy as it gets – chop up the onions (and whatever else veggies you want, we added in mushrooms, it was delish!), cook it up with the meat, pour it in your pie plate, get your pancake mix ready, add that to the plate and sprinkle on your cheese. And in 25 minutes bake time, dinner is served.
This would also be one of those super easy, make-it-ahead-of-time, freezable weeknight dinner! I think your kiddos will be thrilled to see this on the dinner menu tonight! I know I would 🙂
You Will Need:
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- ½ cup Immaculate Baking Co.™ Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
It’s March. And Madness is in the air. (And apparently so are snowflakes… if you live in the Midwest 😦 )
But whether or not you’re a basketball fan, I’d like to think that no one’s going to turn down opportunities to chow down with friends and family at viewing parties! And when it comes to yelling and cheering at sporting events, nothing fuels on that excitement better than bacon and cheeseburger! And if you’ve been following Better Cookies for a while, you know how I love my bacon 🙂
I had intended to do a bacon cheeseburger pie recipe (which I’ll still probably do at some point), but then thought that people may get a bit intimidated with the bacon and cheeseburger combo, but if I can provide a little portion control, everybody wins! And that’s how these Bacon Cheeseburger Cups came to be!
I actually used 1 lbs of ground beef, but then had quite a bit leftover after I tried to smother each crescent cups with the burger mixture. 1/2 lbs should be more than enough, unless of course you like your double cheeseburgers, then by all means, knock yourself out!
These Bacon Cheeseburger Cups would make the perfect bite-size party appetizers, giving you the energy to do victory dances when your team scores, but then a small and quick enough bite to free your mouth up to scream at the referee whenever he makes a bad call! See? Perfect.