This is true. We have a fascination for bacon. And when I say “we”, I really meant I.
I honestly can’t think of another tasty ingredient besides bacon that can be used in both savory and sweet baking. Oh okay, so you’ve named a few others, but you have to agree that bacon is probably the tastiest of them all! So you’ll understand that our (my) fascination with bacon is not without basis. And let’s face it, you’re totally benefiting from our (my) bacon fetish.
We were pleasantly surprised at how popular the Immaculately Yummy Cheeseburger Pie recipe is, and so we thought, huh, there must be something about cheeseburgers that just gets people’s appetites going. Now just imagine what would happen when we add bacon to it! Man, I’m getting hungry just thinking of it! Best part? This is an easy scratch recipe, so yes, while the ingredient list is a bit lengthy, the instructions are as simple as can be. And as always, we promise the end results will be worth the trouble!
You Will Need:
- 2 cups Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Organic All-Purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup shredded Mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 12 ounces thick cut bacon, cooked
Here’s How to Get Bakin’:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine. Add butter, egg and milk. Whisk until combined. Add cheese, beef and bacon. Stir together until combined. Set aside.
- Spray 24 cup mini-muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Mix batter and add 1 heaping tablespoon scoop to each muffin cup. Each cup should be filled just over the top. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve with favorite burger toppings (ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc).
Our boozy baking spree is a nice segway into some more easy game day chow ideas! It’s not game day until you’ve doused something, anything, with some buffalo red hot sauce!
It’s been a while since we’ve done a pizza recipe, so football season was the perfect timing to roll out our crescent rolls and get bakin’! This really is as easy a pizza recipe as you’ll get! Cheer on your team tonight and enjoy some buffalo chicken flatbread pizza on the side!
You Will Need:
1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ™ refrigerated crescent rolls
2/3 cup red hot sauce
1 cup Mozzerella cheese
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
Green onions or cilantro, to top the pizza
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rollin’:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly spray a rimmed aluminum baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll the crescent rolls on the sheet pan, seal perforations and then spoon on desired amount of buffalo sauce on to both. Then top each with shredded cooked chicken (you could marinate it in red hot sauce overnight), shredded Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with the crumbled blue cheese. Drizzle a little bit more of the buffalo sauce and save the rest for a different recipe.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove, let cool before slicing and then top with sliced green onions.
I have this fascination with boozy treats.
I think I’ll be doing an entire recipe series on boozy treats, transforming classic cocktail drinks into baked yumminess. I swear I don’t have a drinking problem, but boy, I have to say whoever started this whole boozy treat creation is a visionary! And there’s probably no better time to do something like that than right now, during football season. So I thought I’d start us off with something a little bit milder and definitely a must-have drink during this time of the year – beer.
Now you can have your cake, and your beer, AND eat it! How glorious is that!
You Will Need:
1 box Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Yellow Cake Mix
All the ingredients indicated on the box
1/2 tsp orange or lime zest
1 cup Blue Moon or Corona beer, plus more for brushing on tops
Orange/lime wedges and sanding sugar for garnish
Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting
12 oz cream cheese, cold
6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange/lime juice
1 teaspoon orange/lime zest
4 cups powdered sugar
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together baking mix, ingredients (eggs, butter, milk), and beer
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- When cupcakes are done, poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes with toothpicks and brush some beer on each while still warm.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter in an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the citrus juice and zest and gradually add the powdered sugar until well-combined. Beat until smooth for about 2 minutes.
- Load frosting in a piping bag fit with a large star tip and pipe cupcake tops once cooled.
In case you haven’t heard, we now make refrigerated pretzel dough in a can, too! And this should be even more exciting news now that we’re in football season! So if you’re looking for a yummy tailgate/game day viewing party appetizer, allow us to HIGHLY recommend our pretzel with beer cheese dip to you!
Now that is one bowl of pretty super dip that is perfect with our crispy-on-the-outside-soft-on-the-inside pretzels! This is what makes us happy on game days, and yeah, if our team would win once in a while, that would be nice, too.
You Will Need:
1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ™ refrigerated Pretzel Dough
Beer Cheese Dip
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
10 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 cup beer (amber)
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Organic All Purpose Flour
Ground black pepper
Green onions (Bacon crumbles and, for garnish, optional)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 400⁰F. Shape and bake the pretzels as directed.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and half of the shredded cheese.
- Once the cheese sauce begins to warm, add the beer and flour-water mixture.
- Whisking frequently, gradually add the remaining cheese and cook until the sauce reaches desired thickness, about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm over lowest heat setting, stirring frequently, until ready to serve.
- Garnish with bacon crumbles and green onions and serve with our pretzels!
It’s football season!!! We thought you could use some super easy treat ideas to give your game day viewing parties a bit more pazzaz! Starting with these Game Day cupcakes – just buy some super cute Game Day cupcake liners, bake up our chocolate cupcakes with our Chocolate Cake Mix, and lace it up with white frosting!
The first cue that Fall is officially here is the game day parties you’re finding yourself hosting weekend after weekend. The yelling at the TV and fist-pumping and trash-talking exchanged between friends who are cheering for opposing teams are the trademark raucousness of the season.
And then there’s the food. I’d say that the food and the booze is what game days are really all about, especially if the team you’re cheering for has the unfortunate tendency of losing all the time. You’d know what I’m talking about if you lived in Minnesota. Gotta have really good food and even better drinks if that were the case.
So I’d say our Pistachio Brownie Bites would fall into the category of comfort treats that can offer some much needed solace to someone who has just witnessed their team get annihilated mercilessly. So fellow Minnesotans, you might want these brownie bites at your Game Day Party this Sunday. And if you’re not cheering for the Gold and Purple? Well, it’s always good to have brownies anytime.
You Will Need:
1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ brownie mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 to 4 tablespoons whipping cream
24 pistachio nuts
Grated orange peel
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 9-inch square pan.
- In medium bowl, stir Brownie ingredients until well blended (batter will be thick). Press evenly in pan.
- Bake 31 to 34 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, place powdered sugar; stir in cream 1 teaspoon at a time to make a thick but spreadable glaze. To cut brownies easily, use plastic knife and short sawing motions. Cut into 6 by 3 rows. Place a pistachio nut and 2 pieces of orange peel on center of each brownie.
1 Serving: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 120mg; Potassium 110mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
- Place brownies on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet or waxed paper underneath to decorate with drizzle or coating.
- Instead of pistachios, top brownie bites with toasted coconut or toasted pecan pieces.
Happy National Cheeseburger Day! We wanted to put our own Immaculate twist to celebrating the day, something that you can’t get at a drive-thru… so ta-da!! We give you Hamburger Cupcakes!
This would be the touchdown treat at your next big Game Day party! It’s awww-sooo-cute to look at, to pick up, to bite into… it just oozes with cuteness! And talk about a sugar galore – it’s essentially a cupcake/cookie sandwich with some multi-color frosting action 🙂 (p.s. There are natura l food coloring options out there!) Think of all the oohs and ahhs you’re sure to get from your guests and from your kiddos!
You Will Need:
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (or any of your favorite chocolatey Immaculate Baking cookies!)
- Frosting (natural food coloring: red, yellow, green!)
- Sesame seeds if desired!
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Bake up 24 cupcakes with Immaculate Baking Yellow Cake Mix as directed on box. After the cupcakes are cooled, cut them in half horizontal-wise with a knife to create the bun.
- Bake up your favorite Immaculate Baking cookies as directed on package. Set your “patties” aside to cool.
- Prepare your frosting and separate into three portions. Mix in food coloring.
- Assemble your hamburger cupcake: Pipe yellow frosting on the bottom bun (your cheese!), slap on your cookie pattie, pipe your red and green frosting on top of the pattie (gotta get your ketchup and your lettuce in!), and finish it off with your top bun!