I’ve always been curious about however whenever did it come to be that ham is the protein of choice at Easter. But if we’re going to have brunch AND we’re going to serve, I figured we should do it in a fun, easy and yummy way! And so I give you Loaded Potato Quiche! Just layering on all your favorite ingredients like ham, hashbrown, cheddar cheese and bacon. Oh my word, what is there not to love!!!
Our boozy baking spree is a nice segway into some more easy game day chow ideas! It’s not game day until you’ve doused something, anything, with some buffalo red hot sauce!
It’s been a while since we’ve done a pizza recipe, so football season was the perfect timing to roll out our crescent rolls and get bakin’! This really is as easy a pizza recipe as you’ll get! Cheer on your team tonight and enjoy some buffalo chicken flatbread pizza on the side!
You Will Need:
1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ™ refrigerated crescent rolls
2/3 cup red hot sauce
1 cup Mozzerella cheese
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
Green onions or cilantro, to top the pizza
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rollin’:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly spray a rimmed aluminum baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll the crescent rolls on the sheet pan, seal perforations and then spoon on desired amount of buffalo sauce on to both. Then top each with shredded cooked chicken (you could marinate it in red hot sauce overnight), shredded Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with the crumbled blue cheese. Drizzle a little bit more of the buffalo sauce and save the rest for a different recipe.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove, let cool before slicing and then top with sliced green onions.
In case you haven’t heard, we now make refrigerated pretzel dough in a can, too! And this should be even more exciting news now that we’re in football season! So if you’re looking for a yummy tailgate/game day viewing party appetizer, allow us to HIGHLY recommend our pretzel with beer cheese dip to you!
Now that is one bowl of pretty super dip that is perfect with our crispy-on-the-outside-soft-on-the-inside pretzels! This is what makes us happy on game days, and yeah, if our team would win once in a while, that would be nice, too.
You Will Need:
1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ™ refrigerated Pretzel Dough
Beer Cheese Dip
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
10 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 cup beer (amber)
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Organic All Purpose Flour
Ground black pepper
Green onions (Bacon crumbles and, for garnish, optional)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 400⁰F. Shape and bake the pretzels as directed.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and half of the shredded cheese.
- Once the cheese sauce begins to warm, add the beer and flour-water mixture.
- Whisking frequently, gradually add the remaining cheese and cook until the sauce reaches desired thickness, about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm over lowest heat setting, stirring frequently, until ready to serve.
- Garnish with bacon crumbles and green onions and serve with our pretzels!
Okay, so I have to come clean: I like to be very liberal with my measurements when it comes to baking, especially where it involves ingredients that I think no one would object to having more of. Like bacon. Especially bacon. So I’d pile on the yumminess. Along with cheese. Yep, I’ve been known to get a little bit carried away with the cheese. Hence the overflowing Bacon Quiche Cups that I ended up with. But hey, like I said, I’ve never gotten any complaints. So there.
Third day into the New Year, and I’m ready to start talking about bacon. Too early?
But we’ve gotta start planning for all the goodies we’ll be serving up for those game day parties we’ll be busy hosting in the next month. And what’s a party without something that’s either stuffed or wrapped with bacon? Oh yeah, you know I’m right.
So here’s a quick and yummy, done in 35 minutes game day appetizer idea with bacon: The Bacon Cheddar Pinwheel.
One of the first things that I discovered ever since I started eating, I mean, working with as much Immaculate Baking goodies as I do now, is that while all of our refrigerated dough taste great when you bake them up as is, what makes them truly terrific is the infinite potential of creation! Waffle iron the cinnamon rolls, grill the crescent rolls or stuff the biscuits with your favorite ingredients, and all of a sudden you have a huge range and combinations of wonderful baked goodies!
We wanted to share a stuffed biscuit recipe with you this time of the year, because hey, why should the turkey get all the stuffing fun on Thanksgiving 🙂 This yummy stuffed biscuit would pair nicely with soups, chili, salad, or even that juicy turkey! And let’s be real, it’s got bacon stuffed in them, so you know it’s going to be tasty all on its own, period!
Enough said. Don’t you agree?
In an earlier post, I ranted on about the genius food pairing that is bacon and cheddar. I honestly think I’m preaching to the choir. So I’m going to stop. And invite you to try this recipe and make some cheesy flaky pull-aparts with our Immaculate Baking Biscuits. Enjoy!