Sometimes the craziness that is life gets the better of us, and we forget to take pause and relish in the little things in life that really make us smile, like waking up to the aroma of a freshly brewed coffee, or finding a new favorite song that you can’t help but dance to, or just celebrating small wins like having stayed awake through the very long and boring meetings at work.
What makes me smile is uncovering new recipes and new ways to bake up Immaculate goodies that lets me travel to a new, unexpected places without ever leaving my kitchen.
This grilled Moroccan flatbread would be the perfect example.
So if you need a break from whatever it is that’s weighing you down, hopefully this will make for a flavorful getaway!
You Will Need:
- 2 cans Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Gremolata and Hummus
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted well-drained kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 container (8 oz) plain hummus
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat closed medium-size contact grill as directed for sandwiches. Separate each can of dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. When grill is heated, place 2 rectangles on grill. Close grill; grill 2 to 4 minutes or until deep golden brown.*
- Brush each rectangle with 1/2 teaspoon oil; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. To keep warm, place uncovered on ungreased cookie sheet in 200°F oven while making remaining flatbreads.
- Mix together all Gremolata ingredients except hummus. Spread hummus about 1/2-inch thick on serving platter; spoon Gremolata over hummus to within 1-inch of edge. Drizzle with additional oil if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature with flatbreads.
1 Serving: Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g, Omega 3 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 620mg; Potassium 0mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g); Protein 5g
% Daily Value: Total Fat 27% (Saturated Fat 23%); Cholesterol 0%; Sodium 26%; Potassium 0%; Total Carbohydrate 9% (Dietary Fiber 4%); Vitamin A 0% (Beta Carotene 0%); Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%; Vitamin D 0%; Vitamin E 0%; Thiamin 0%; Riboflavin 0%; Niacin 0%; Vitamin B6 0%; Folic Acid 0%; Vitamin B12 0%; Pantothenic Acid 0%; Phosphorus 0%; Magnesium 0%; Zinc 0%; Selenium 0%; Copper 0%; Manganese 0%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
MyPyramid: 1 tsp Fats & Oils