If you haven’t noticed… we’re going on a sweet kick in celebration for the Month of Love! Valentine’s Day just around the corner, and I think ’tis the season when chocolate’s top of mind! If it’s not yet, well, hopefully this Chocolate Ganache Tart will get you inspired! This would make the the perfect V Day dessert for all you dark chocolate fans out there! Best part – you really only need 4 key ingredients plus some of your favorite fruits!
You Will Need:
- 1 Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Pie Crust, softened as directed on box (just one pie crust)
- 280g Walnuts
- 300g Dark Chocolate (70%)
- 165ml Heavy Whipping Cream (and a little extra for whipped cream garnish)
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries for garnish
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place walnuts into a food processor, and pulse until nuts are ground. Sprinkle ground walnuts on to pie crust and unroll to press nuts into dough evenly.
- With 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut rounds from crusts, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press each round into ungreased muffin cup or fluted tartet pan. You should get about 16 rounds. Bake as instructed on pie crust box for 10-12 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool completely.
- Once the crusts have cooled, make your ganache. Chop the chocolate finely, and gently par-melt in the microwave at 50%.
- Gently warm up whipping cream in a pan, and once the chocolate is melted and the cream is warm, (but not boiling!) Pour cream over chocolate, and gently stir until you have a nice glossy ganache
- Pour the ganache into the pie shells and let them set in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, serve with some whipped cream and a complementary fruit
You probably have your very own list of “Christmas Essentials”, those key items, things, decorations, food or even smells, that when put together, complete what Christmas is supposed to look like, feel like, taste like for you. I have a feeling that there’s probably a place for “chocolate” on everybody’s list. And I’m going to venture a guess and say that “rum”, or your choice of “festive” beverage, probably has a pretty solid ranking on that list as well. So guess what? We of course decided to come up with a recipe where you can enjoy those top Christmas-must-have’s in one bite! After all, when you take something awesome, combine it with something else that’s also awesome, what do you end up with? This Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart with Rum Cream, that’s what.
We recently moved into a new workspace. Since there’s really just me and two other colleagues who run the Immaculate show, we thought the good old fashioned cubicle setup just didn’t seem to be the best way to work together. So we decided to mix things up a bit. Called dibs on a corner conference room on the floor, redecoration is in order to get some of our folk art installed, and we’ll have a cool new office space for our small but mighty team. No silos, no dividers, just a lot of face time and insider jokes with each other. Everything was on track and we moved in two days ago. All seemed well, until Facilities came by and dropped off our floor-to-ceiling tack board.
5 minutes after our new “package” arrived, we began to notice a toxic stench not unlike burnt plastic slowly permeating our new office. We quickly discover the culprit to be our new tack board. So day 2 in our new office and we quickly had to abandon ship and flee to safer grounds where we could take deep inhales without gagging.
Now if only we had been able to negotiate that oven to be installed in our new office. Then we could’ve baked up these creamy salted caramel chocolate cookie tarts and attempted a little “aroma transfusion”. But I guess there’s also the chance that itt might have made the stench even worse.
I shared a Chocolate Chips S’mores Cookie Bar recipe from our blogger friend Jamie at Love Bakes Good Cakes last week, and I was just blown away by how popular it was, even though the balding branches and frost-laden lawns continue to remind us that summer is no more… Obviously, chocolate and marshmallows is just one of those things that withstand the test of seasonality, people just want s’more anytime, all the time!
So. The dessert idea for the day is dedicated to those chocolate and marshmallow fans – Chocolate Hazelnut Marshmallow Cookie Tarts! Yes, we promise that it tastes as good as it sounds, if not better! Best part about it? You can make them gluten free with our Immaculate Baking Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough!
Confession: I don’t drink coffee. Never liked the taste. And then people ask me, but what about when you’re feeling sleepy?
I sleep, I reply.
But I get that coffee is a life-sustaining, energy-boosting, cannot-survive-without essential for many, so this dessert recipe will send all you caffeine junkies with a sweet tooth to heaven and back! Hey, I don’t even drink coffee and I need someone to restrain me from stuffing my face withthese dangerously addicting bite-size desserts. I give you Gluten Free Chocolate Cappuccino Tarts!
You won’t do Fall justice unless you bake up a Pumpkin Pie at some point during the season, and yet pie-baking can be such a huge production that just thinking about it seems overwhelming. Well, here’s some out-of-this-world terrific news for all ye Chief Make-&-Bake Officers – We’ve got a 30-min. shortcut recipe that will get your homes smelling all ginger pumpkin-y as Autumn should! Check out this Non-GMO Pumpkin Ginger Mini Tart!