By now, you must know how The Queen of Immaculate Baking rolls – we like yummy foods, we love getting creative in the kitchen, and we’r all about putting our own little twists on classics. Baking makes us (and our tummies) happy because we have so much fun throwing on ingredients and creating sheer yumminess in a way that best express us.
And here’s one of our favorite simplest classics for you to have all kinds of crazy making fun with: Chocolate Crescent Rolls!
I have this fascination with boozy treats.
I think I’ll be doing an entire recipe series on boozy treats, transforming classic cocktail drinks into baked yumminess. I swear I don’t have a drinking problem, but boy, I have to say whoever started this whole boozy treat creation is a visionary! And there’s probably no better time to do something like that than right now, during football season. So I thought I’d start us off with something a little bit milder and definitely a must-have drink during this time of the year – beer.
Now you can have your cake, and your beer, AND eat it! How glorious is that!
You Will Need:
1 box Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Yellow Cake Mix
All the ingredients indicated on the box
1/2 tsp orange or lime zest
1 cup Blue Moon or Corona beer, plus more for brushing on tops
Orange/lime wedges and sanding sugar for garnish
Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting
12 oz cream cheese, cold
6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange/lime juice
1 teaspoon orange/lime zest
4 cups powdered sugar
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together baking mix, ingredients (eggs, butter, milk), and beer
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- When cupcakes are done, poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes with toothpicks and brush some beer on each while still warm.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter in an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the citrus juice and zest and gradually add the powdered sugar until well-combined. Beat until smooth for about 2 minutes.
- Load frosting in a piping bag fit with a large star tip and pipe cupcake tops once cooled.
October is flying by! And Halloween will be upon us in a week! Craaaaazy!
I must say, Halloween is probably the one and only fake holiday that encourages people to get as creative as possible in coming up with as many unappetizing party treat ideas as they can. Search for “Halloween Recipe Ideas” and you’ll come across plenty of images that are just bursting with grotesqueness. It’s almost like an Opposite Day thing, where the more you gag, the cooler the idea is.
Well, for the faint of hearts out there who have already devoted too much energy and time on deciding, making, and then back-pedaling, redesigning, finally choosing the right costumes, we get that you’d much rather be given quick, easy Halloween recipe hacks, so these faBOOlous ghost brownies are for you.
You Will Need:
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ brownie scratch baking mix
- Butter and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 11×7-inch pan with foil, leaving some hanging over sides. Make brownies as directed on box for 11×7-inch pan. Cool completely, then lift brownies out of pan by foil edges.
- Cut with 3-inch ghost-shaped cookie cutter, sprayed with cooking spray if necessary. Sprinkle brownies with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Alright, let’s be real, who doesn’t like cupcakes? I think I must’ve said this a million times, but there is just something inherently irresistible about miniaturizing and right-sizing desserts into well, a bite!
I have to confess that I have this really weird pet peeve when it comes to bananas: I prefer to enjoy a banana in its natural form. There’s something that just makes me gag a little whenever I think about warm and mushy bananas… BUT! These Smashed Banana Cupcakes have completely converted me! Our wonderful baker extraordinaire, Adriana, would need to get a restraining order to keep my paws off these yumminess!
And now I’m more than happy to share this wonderful recipe so you can enjoy as many banana cupcakes as you’d like!
You Will Need:
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cream Cheese-Yogurt Frosting
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (6 oz) honey Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
Garnish, if desired
- Banana chips, fresh fruit or jumbo candy sprinkles
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat Cupcake ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, then on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter among muffin cups (two-thirds full).
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until top is golden brown or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt and honey with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Refrigerate until frosting cupcakes. Place frosting in decorating bag with a star tip or in resealable food-storage plastic bag with small corner cut off. Pipe frosting evenly on center of each cupcake just before serving. Garnish as desired.
1 Cupcake: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 220mg; Potassium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
Memorial Day is right around the corner. I dunno about you, but that’s my cue that summer isn’t far behind! I’m ready to get the grill out, dust off my flip flops and get may daily dosage of long overdue vitamin Ds from being outside in the sun.
Speaking of all the summer things that make me happy, you can’t forget about lemons. They’re almost synonymous with summer. Tangy and refreshing, oh boy, that’s how I imagine summer to taste like! Figure out how to work in some Immaculate cookies, and you’ve got a summer perfection called Vanilla Cookie Lemon Bar!
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Vanilla Sugar cookie dough
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (2 medium)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8×8-inch pan with cooking spray. Press cookie into bottom of pan to form crust.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice. Fold in flour.
- Pour mixture over cookie dough crust. Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
If you’re looking for a fun, and Immaculately illustrated recipe card (because why wouldn’t you??), here it is:
Wait, what, there’s a National PB & J Day? Why, there is, and it’s always on 4/2.
I know I know, I do this fake surprised thing a lot on many of our blog posts, but you have to admit (at least I did), that the ridiculously wide range of random bizarro food related holidays that people have made up never ceases to amaze. And then I’ll just go ahead and speak for everyone when I say at the end of day, we will gladly take one more justified reason to chow down on some of our favorite foods. Not that you ever really need any reason or justification for peanut butter and jelly 🙂
This is a super easy treat where there really isn’t a list of ingredients, because you only need 3 – Immaculate Baking Co.® Gluten Free Peanut Butter refrigerated cookie dough, some of your favorite fruit jam/preserves/jelly (what’s the difference between the three?), and then if you’d like, a few banana chips for garnish.
Heat oven at 350, and spray your 24 mini muffin tin with cooking spray. I halved each of the 12 cookie dough round, and plop them into the mini muffin tins, shaping them into little cups as I did. Bake for about 15 min. or until golden brown. Let them cool before you plop the jam into the little cups. And presto! It’s a PB & J treat with a twist. AND it’s gluten free!
If you’re like me and you live in the Midwest, or other parts of the country where winter still lingers and is showing no sign of letting up and leaving us, chances are, you’re channeling your frustration into something else, anything else, to keep your distracted. Or sane. Maybe it’s embracing the cold and try to stay active and head outdoors just long enough before you freeze off your nose. Or maybe you’re choosing a less adventurous route and resorting to baking. Like me.
So I guess I have the multiple rounds of polar vortex to thank for inspiring this Sweet Cheese Delight recipe. Okay, so cheesecake is good on any day, but even better when it’s freezing cold out and you’re stuck inside the house. This is enough to make me smile, I hope it cuts it for you too 🙂 Continue reading